The big storm and the sickbay

We're in the middle of a big storm here, mainly with very high winds and occasional heavy rain. No trams are running, some areas have no electricity and train services between Bordeaux and Poitiers are interrupted. All night something has been banging somewhere across the street. Our flat is on the leeward end of the building, so we don't feel anything much - last night I upturned the patio tables and piled everything into the most sheltered corner of the terrace and this morning nothing seems to have moved.

Meanwhile Pat is ill with what looks like 'flu - aches, fever, coughing - you know the drill. I hope I didn't give it to her. Just on Wednesday I thought to myself how all this winter I have been pretty free of colds - then on Thursday started brewing something up. I'm currently in denial with a voice about a fourth below it's usual pitch and mild aches, shivers and coughs. Perhaps I have the same as Pat but with its fangs drawn by the 'flu jab. Who knows!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen